Notion templates are a powerful and easy way to upgrade your Notion workspace and turn our favourite productivity app into a true powerhouse. The only problem? There are thousands of Notion Templates our there with new ones being released every day. So how are you supposed to find the best Notion templates? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Here’s a curated list of 11 awesome, free and easy to implement Notion Templates for work, health, knowledge management, CRM, prioritization and planning.
Table of contents
- What are Notion Templates?
- Why do you even need Notion Templates?
- How to create and duplicate a template
- 1. Stop doing low value work – double down on your life’s biggest priorities
- 2. Read more books using this Notion template
- 3. Get more done using this GTD template
- 4. Organize your company’s important information with this Notion template
- 5. Get fit and healthy with this workout template
- 6. Build durable and long-lasting habits with this Notion template
- 7. Become a better networker with this CRM template
- 8. Eat better and healthier meals with this Notion template
- 9. Be a better recruiter and hiring manager with this Notion template
- 10. Reflect on your personal growth with this journaling template
- 11. Keep your plants growing and healthy with this Notion template
- Still got the Notion template thirst?
Ready to design your perfect productivity system in Notion? Our upcoming course Supercharge Your Productivity is your first step to transforming your life and career.
What are Notion Templates?
Notion Templates are are pre-built components for your Notion workspace that can easily be imported into your workspace. They range from simple one-page cheatsheets to complete all-in-one business solutions.
The most important thing to keep in mind when looking for a Notion template: what problem are you trying to solve? It’s easy to get lost in the sheer endless amount of Notion templates. Here are a few questions to ask yourself when browsing for your next Notion Template:
- What problem are you trying to solve?
- Are you looking for a complex or easy solution?
- What’s your Notion level? If you’re just starting out, check out the only Notion tutorial you’ll ever need.
- Do you want a ready-to-use template or something that you can customize to your own liking?
- Are you looking for a free Notion template or a paid solution?
Why do you even need Notion Templates?
There are an estimated 15,000 Lego sets in existence today ranging from the Classic Volkswagon T1 Camper Van to the Star Wars Millennium Falcon. Given the “atomized” structure of each Lego block, the number of powerful and creative combinations isn’t surprising. The same can be said about Notion, the (self-proclaimed) all-purpose productivity app. With unique blocks ranging from embedded tables, databases, calendars and kanban boards, it’s easy to fire up a task manager, finance tracker, or personal wiki.
But the endless flexibility of Notion can be intimidating. Every workspace starts as a blank page. How do you even get started? Notion Templates are a great way to kickstart your Notion journey or to find a tailor-made solution to your problem without spending hours experimenting. After all, building the Star Wars Millennium Falcon (aka your perfect Notion workspace) is a lot easier if you have some instructions and not just a rough picture in mind.
How to create and duplicate a template
Creating a template is no different than “saving” a Notion page. All you need to do is toggle the public and enable duplicates settings. To add a template to your workspace, simply click duplicate in the top right corner of any public page.
Now onto the templates. Let’s go!
1. Stop doing low value work – double down on your life’s biggest priorities
Use this $10K Task Manager to identify your priorities and achieve your goals. This is more than just a regular task manager – it’s designed to help you get the right things done. If you think a good old Eisenhower Matrix packs a punch, wait until you see this. Also check out our $10K Manifesto for an introduction on how to use the $10K Framework to improve your life.
2. Read more books using this Notion template
For our bookworms, Zoe Chew created your digital bookshelf to help you keep track of and categorize all the books you’ve read. You can download the template here and find Zoe’s blog here and read about how she built her reading tracker here.
3. Get more done using this GTD template
David Allen’s timeless GTD framework is an anchor to countless productivity systems. Here’s a GTD template (and video tutorial) you can start using right away.
4. Organize your company’s important information with this Notion template
This Company Wiki template is part of our Ultimate Guide to Notion for Business and enables you to create a framework for all of your company’s documentation. You can download this template and 11 others with the form below and I encourage you to check out the complete resource for everything you need to know on how to run your business in Notion.
5. Get fit and healthy with this workout template
Notion can make you more buff. Well not really, but with Stefan Imhoff‘s workout tracker you can track all training sessions (including break times, durations, etc). You can download the template here and check out his blog here.
6. Build durable and long-lasting habits with this Notion template
This Weekly Habit Tracker by Glenn André Viste Bøe is a work of art, capturing the wide range of Notion’s feature set (including complex formulas). Not only does it let you customize your goals, it tracks progress while providing you motivational quotes. You can download the template here and check out our summary of James Clear’s Atomic Habits summary.
7. Become a better networker with this CRM template
One of the most powerful ways to create genuine, diverse and trustworthy relationships is through the cultivation of weak ties. And a CRM (shorthand for Customer Relationship Manager) is a tool for logging conversations, understanding people and organizing them by interests. Here’s one of my CRM templates (and check out the related posts on becoming a Superconnector and how make smart introductions).
We also have a Business CRM template in Notion that you can find in our Notion For Business Guide.
8. Eat better and healthier meals with this Notion template
This Meal Planner Template was created by the Notion team. It lets you capture recipes and ideas for meals anytime, schedule them on a weekly basis, and generate a grocery list so you don’t forget anything. You can download the template here.
9. Be a better recruiter and hiring manager with this Notion template
This Employee Hiring System Template was created by Red Gregory (yup, her second template on this list… she’s that talented). Using Kanban Boards to manage a pipeline, the template enables you to organize incoming hires and open positions. You can download the template here.
10. Reflect on your personal growth with this journaling template
The Bullet Journal (or BuJo) technique is a timeless and analog-based approach to daily journaling. This template was created by Wesley Vance, letting you to digitize your journaling practice while managing yearly, monthly and daily tasks, keeping master database lists and conducting daily reviews. You can download the Bullet Jorunaling template here and check out Vance’s blog here.
11. Keep your plants growing and healthy with this Notion template
Has the quarantine expanded your plant collection? This plant manager template from Thomas Sanlis will monitor and manage sunlight, water consumption and fertilizer. Here’s the Notion template and check out Thomas’ blog.
Still got the Notion template thirst?
If this list doesn’t capture all of your desired use cases, do not despair. You can always start with Notion’s official template gallery which encompasses personal, premium and remote work templates. You can also find highly specialized templates from some of the top Notion Pros out there by signing up to their newsletters below:
- August Bradley’s Daily Action Zone
- Marie Poulin’s Project planning
- Maria Aldrey’s Productivity Library
- Conrad Lin’s Gamification Project
- William Nutt’s full suite of templates
And if you want to learn how to build your own templates, join us for the next live cohort of Supercharge your Productivity with Notion.