29 Apr Episode 1: Tiago Forte
Rewriting the Rules of Productivity and Knowledge Management in a World of Abundant Information
Subscribe: iTunes | Google Play | SoundCloud | Subscribe
Tiago Forte is the founder of Forte Labs. He’s an incredible thinker on productivity for knowledge workers. In today’s information-driven economy, legacy frameworks such as to-do lists or inbox zero may no longer be relevant. Tiago draws from principles ranging from Design Thinking to Lean Manufacturing, and helps me answer the simple question: is it possible to be too productive?
Learn More about Tiago
- 1:50 — Productivity in the PeaceCorps
- 7:10 — Who is David Allen
- 9:10 — What is GTD?
- 13:00 — What is Personal Knowledge Management?
- 15:50 — I’m struggling to retain Sapiens?
- 21:00 — Building a Second Brain Class. Capture, organization, retrieval
- 24:30 — How to take notes, does retention matter?
- 26:30 — Treat your future self like a stranger; Why Tiago Avoids Tagging
- 27:50 — Principal component analysis in statistics
- 30:30 — Beauty in compression
- 31:40 — P.A.R.A Manual
- 33:30 — Frustrations with tagging your ideas
- 37:00 — How does the usage of these tools impact Creativity? Are they mutually exclusive?
- 39:20 — Dispelling the myth of the messy creative (Tommy Cooper)
- 41:30 — Email and inbox zero (Tiago’s Post); Streams vs. containers
- 46:00 — The “downstream” implications of email is a “blockage”
- 47:37 — How do we operate these systems: Scarcity
- 49:00 — Or Abundance? Is the reliance of systems a manifestation of deeper insecurities?
- 50:00 — Internalization of habits; “The purpose of any system is to work itself out of a job”
- 51:30 — New paradigms of work; What does work look like?
- 52:40 — “The Rise of the Free Agent Generalist”
- 54:30 — What do you struggle with? Loneliness, Imposter Syndrome